Main Info About Mail Order Brides Site Scams
With the development of the online dating sphere, users more often report about dating sites scams. Romance scammers use numerous tricks to distract the attention of their victims and use their goodwill. Based on the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) study, dating fraud attacks have been significantly increased. The overall users’ financial loss is about $304 million in 2020, which is far more than in previous years. If you want to keep your money and identity secure, you should be aware of all possible dangers of mail order brides sites.
Potential dangers on mail order brides sites
Familiarize yourself with the most widely used tricks romance scammers use to commit fraud. While having this information at hand, you can ensure a hassle-free dating journey without any negative consequences.
Scam mail order brides platforms
Not all mail order bride sites are created equally. While the majority of services operate legally and deliver value for money, some platforms try to deceive their users. This is where the dating scammer list will come in handy. For example, such websites as Rubrides, EuroDate, and GoDateNow have a questionable reputation. These platforms tend to deceive potential grooms with the offer of a foreign bride. They employ specifically trained people to con the trusting men out of their money. That is why it is necessary to check the reputation of the platform before signing up and purchasing a subscription.
Another common mail order bride scam is committing financial fraud. Scammers create fake profiles, upload attractive pictures and search for potential victims. They initiate conversation and make you believe they fell in love with you. The relationships develop very quickly, so you can lose your patience. Your partner may ask you for financial help. The reasons may be different—from emergencies to health problems. Scammers usually insist on using particular payment methods. That alone should set off the alarm bells. Never transfer money to your partner, even if you have been communicating for a long time.
Many mail order brides sites ask to provide personal and billing data. If the platform doesn’t have a decent level of security, it may become an easy target for hackers. Criminals can access your personal data to create a fake identity, use your banking service, or even apply for a loan. Make sure you register on the sites with strong security measures.
Tips on how to avoid mail order brides site scams
Use these dating safety tips to protect your identity from online criminals. Thus, you can avoid unauthorized access or misuse of your personal information. Moreover, you can easily detect online dating scammers.
- Stop communicating with users if you think they are fakes. You can use dedicated services to check the authenticity of the photo. Also, try to ask confusing questions to determine whether you are talking with a real person or a bot.
- Keep your personal info private. Before registering on the site, carefully study its terms and conditions. Check out the padlock or “https://” prefix in the browser address bar to make sure the platform is secure.
- Don’t respond to requests for financial help. Even if you think you have found your soulmate, think twice before parting with your money.
- Never share your personal and billing details on your profile page. Trusted mail order brides websites will never send you an email asking for your billing info or passwords. Also, don’t reveal your address and telephone number during online correspondence.
How to pick reliable mail order brides platforms
To have an effective and exciting dating experience, you will need to address only reputable and recognizable websites. Consider the following aspects to choose the right platform.
- Legal mail order brides platforms always have an office with a permanent address.
- Check out the users reviews to ensure the authenticity of the platform. There are also dedicated sites that give an expert appraisal for dating communities.
- Make sure that the platform delivers a good price-quality ratio. Study the features and subscription costs to determine whether the site works for you.
- A website that includes fake profiles will hardly help you accomplish your relationship goals.
- Look for dating platforms with 27/7 tech support. Thus you can always report mail order brides site scams.
Those who have serious intentions and want to find soulmates should choose platforms with a good reputation. However, even if the site has a high level of security, it can’t guarantee 100% protection from scammers. You should always keep your eyes peeled when communicating with strangers.